- Youth league bowling registration will be held at the Bowl-O-Drome from 6 to 7 p.m. Aug. 23 and 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 27. For more information, call Barb at 724-450-1167.
- A fundamental skill and league-play basketball program will be held Monday evenings from Sept. 12 through Oct. 24 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. for girls in kindergarten through 7 p.m. and for boys the same ages from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Buhl Community Center, 28 N. Pine Ave., Sharon. Cost is $55. For information, call 724-813-7210 or visit pennohioathleticclub.com.
- Reserved seat tickets for Grove City High football and season passes for volleyball are on sale in the Grove City Area School District Main High School office. Tickets are on sale from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Reserved seat football tickets are $5. Volleyball season passes are $24 for adults and $12 for students. General admission tickets for events are $4 for adults and $2 for students and senior citizens.
- Grove City High’s annual “Meet the Eagles” Night is set for 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 at Forker Field. Community members are invited to attend and meet the fall sports coaches and teams at the annual event.
- Mercer High’s “Meet the Mustangs” will be at 7 p.m. Aug. 31 at the football stadium and all vasity fall sports teams will be introduced. Season tickets for football and volleyball will also be sold from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Call 724-662-5104 if you have any questions.
- Mercer Area School District is seeking nominations for the 12th class of inductees to its Athletic Hall of Fame. Candidates can be athletes who graduated before 2002 who excelled in high school and beyond, coaches five years removed from their posts and teams 10 years after their final season. For more information, call assistant principal Michael Piddington at 724-662-5014 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Season tickets for Mercer High football and girls volleyball will be on sale starting at 8 a.m. Aug. 29 each day until 3 p.m. in the high school athletic office. Football passes are $12 or adults and $6 for students. Volleyball passes are $24 for adults and $16 for students. Passes for the whole year of home events are $20 for students and $10 for senior citizens.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are hosting the 2011 Kickoff Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 31 at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, 600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh. The event will feature alumni autographs, a silent auction and a raffle along with head coach Mike Tomlin, a viewing of the 2010 highlight film and a 2011 season preview. Register now at steelersluncheon.com.