• First National Bank was cited on Jan. 6 for excessive false alarms. Police have been dispatched to the 125 S. Broad St. bank for false alarms eight times in a one-year period. This is the bank’s fifth citation for false alarms, police said.
• Deana Nicols, 49, of Grove City, was cited with a stop sign violation after her sport-utility vehicle collided with a car driven by Joseph Locktosh Jr., 50, of Grove City, at 4:29 p.m. Jan. 10 at Highland and Rebecca avenues, police said.
• Zachary Perrine, 19, of Grove City, was cited with driving too fast for conditions, driving without working brakes, and careless driving after his pickup truck rear-ended a pickup truck driven by Dean Osborne, 50, of Grove City, at 3:12 p.m. Jan. 11 on West Main Street in front of the park, police said.
• Gregory Rust, 26, of Grove City, was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a traffic stop for an expired registration at 5:37 p.m. Jan. 11 on North Broad Street, police said.
Police noticed a strong odor of marijuana, and Rust admitted to smoking marijuana before driving, police said.
State police, Mercer
• Christopher McCarl, 19, Grove City, is facing charges in several cases reported in Liberty Township over the past week, police said.
He’s charged with theft from a motor vehicle and loitering or prowling at nighttime for stealing $45 in change from two vehicles parked at a home on Center Church Road between 8 p.m. Jan. 7 and 8 a.m. Jan. 8.
McCarl was charged with theft from a motor vehicle and loitering or prowling at nighttime for an incident on Woods Court between 8 p.m. Jan. 7 and 8 a.m. Jan. 8; nothing was stolen from two vehicles parked there.
He was charged with burglary for stealing $5 in change, a knife, and a knife sharpener from a home on Center Church Road between 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 8, police said.
• Scott Flick, 38, of 175 Bestwick Road, East Lackawannock Township, was charged with simple assault after hurting a woman at 9 p.m. Jan. 10 at his home, police said.
Flick allegedly squeezed the woman’s face until she struggled to breathe, hit her in the face, causing a nosebleed, and pushed her down on a gravel driveway, where she hit her head, police said.
State police, New Castle
• A Slippery Rock Township resident reported that they were scammed out of $3,500 in mid-December, police said.
They responded to a Craigslist ad for employment and received a check for $4,150. After the check was deposited in the bank, the suspect said they made an error with the amount and needed a cashier’s check for $3,500.
The victim complied and later learned that the first check did not clear, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Robert McKinney, 30, of Volant; at 6:47 p.m. Jan. 7 on Mill Street, where his car was stopped for having an expired registration; he was also cited with driving with a license suspended for a DUI-related offense, police said.
• George Latkey, 42, of 350 Irishtown Road, Pine Township; at 8:43 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 900 block of Sunset Avenue, where police were called for a disturbance.
It was later determined that Latkey had left the area in his truck, and he was found at home intoxicated, police said.