Grove City police
• A hit-and-run accident was reported in the afternoon Jan. 9 in the 100 block of George Junior Road, police said. Someone ran off the roadway and hit a mailbox in front of a home and the driver left the scene.
• Someone stole $20 to $30 in change from a vehicle Jan. 8 on College Avenue, police said.
• Christian M. Cameron, 33, of 1525 Parke Drive, Apartment 2C, Hermitage, was charged with simple assault after hitting a 7-year-old boy with a belt seven times at 9:52 p.m. Nov. 12 at home, leaving substantial bruising, police said.
• Marquice J. Denson, 38, last known address of 1649 Kimberly St., Hermitage, was charged with theft for allegedly taking a pickup, a snow plow and a chain — worth more than $8,000 — that belonged to his landlord sometime between Oct. 12 and Oct. 23. They were parked at the back of his residence, police said.
• Tyler Coleman, 36, of 400 Baldwin Ave., Apartment 1B, Sharon, was charged with assault and harassment after injuring a woman at 2:15 p.m. Dec. 25 in a home in the 1400 block of Parke Drive, Hermitage, police said.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE ARRESTS
• Randy Eugene Taranto, 56, of 500 Ellsworth St., Sharon; controlled substance; at 5:49 p.m. Dec. 12 in the 1300 block of North Water Avenue.
• Elizabeth F.R. Bennefield, 27, of 428 Indiana Ave., Farrell; controlled substance; at 12:42 a.m. Dec. 16 in the 1200 block of North Hermitage Road. Also charged with possession of marijuana.
• Michael Ray Mitchell, 37, of 308 Lafayette Ave., Sharon, at 2:05 a.m. Dec. 24 in the 1900 block of East State Street.
• Jessica Ruth Bennett, 38, of 1000 Griswold St., Sharon; controlled substance; at 7:46 p.m. Nov. 26 at Fruit Avenue and George Street. Also charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Robin Jacoway, 27, of 900 Wallis Ave., Farrell, at 4:36 a.m. Jan. 11 at Beechwood Avenue and Federal Street after being found in the driver’s seat of a car in the middle of the road sleeping with a glass crack pipe containing suspicious residue in his hand. Also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.