Harrisville Community Day
The July 4th Harrisville Community Day schedule:
• 11 a.m. – Parade down Main Street.
• Noon – Mayor’s welcome and opening prayer, Harrisville Park.
• 12:30 p.m. – Music by Dan Schall at the Grand Stand
• 1:30 p.m. – Tractor parade
• 2 p.m. – Pet Parade in the Park
• 3:30 p.m. – Dave’s Country Band and Classic Rock DJ
• 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. – Route 8 Band
• Approximately at 9:45 p.m. – Fireworks by Peak Pyro Productions by Kellner’s
• All day – DJ Dave with Dragon Fly Balloons, helicopter rides (for a fee), games, food, vendors and crafts.
This Thursday, July 4th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Harrisville United Methodist Church will hold a blood drive, sponsored by the Harrisville and Forestville United Methodist churches.
Anyone 17 years and older or 16 with parental permission may donate. You can walk up and donate or pre-register at 877-25VITAL and use the group code of G0330009.
If you donate you can receive a voucher for two free Pirates tickets.
American Legion celebrates
This past Saturday the Harrisville American Legion celebrated the legion’s 100th anniversary with a free lunch along with a bounce house for the kids, sand art and live music.
Service awards were handed out to members with the longest standing within the American Legion. Margaret Stillwagon was presented a 58-year recognition award and Shirley Osburn with the 50-year award.
Members donated and made food, and Hughes Ice Cream donated ice cream. The all-day event drew a large crowd. Inside, much memorabilia was on display to reflect the 100 years of service to our nation.