The Lawrence-Mercer Recycling/Solid Waste Department is offering free collection of hard-to-recycle items.
Collection days are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month, alternating between the two counties in order to reach as many people as possible.
Upcoming dates include:
• March 19 at Munnell Run Farm and Mercer County Conservation District, 753 Greenville Road, Coolspring Township, north of Mercer.
• April 13 at the Hermitage Municipal Building, 800 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• May 11 at the Slippery Rock Township Municipal Building, 4334 U.S. Route 422, Slippery Rock Township, Lawrence County.
• June 8 at the Greenville Municipal Building, 125 Main St., Greenville.
• July 13 at the Ellwood City Public Works Garage, 105 Sixth St.,.
• Aug. 10 at the Grove City Borough Building, 123 W. Main St., Grove City.
• Sept. 14 at the Volant Borough Building, 525 Main St., Volant.
• Oct. 12 at the Hempfield Township Municipal Building, 278 S. Mercer St..
This free program is for residential use; no commercial or institutional materials will be accepted.
Accepted materials: Holiday lights, thermostats, fluorescent tubes smaller than 4 feet, compact fluorescent lights, shoes, and these types of electronic media – VHS tapes, CDs, DVDs, floppy disks, 8-track tapes, cassettes, video games, Zip drives, black-and-white film and blu-ray discs.
Accepted materials are subject to change depending on costs and markets. Other items like electronic devices and household hazardous waste will not be accepted.
Info: call 724-658-6925 or visit their Facebook page, or visit www.mcc.co.mercer.pa.us/recycling