GROVE CITY – The Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce will celebrate the community and the vital role of commerce as it presents five awards during its ninth-annual Grove City Chamber Awards Evening, A Red Carpet Event.
The event will be Tuesday, Nov. 13, in Crawford Hall Auditorium at Grove City College.
The evening will begin at 7 p.m. with the arrival of guests, celebrity-style, as they stroll across a red carpet.
At 8 p.m. guests will be seated in the auditorium as the award presentations begin. As each award is introduced, a special video depicting each winner will be played on the large screen inside the auditorium. The special videos were created by two Grove City College students, Roman Day and Nolan Kondrich.
This year’s awards and recipients:
• Silver Spruce Award, for significant efforts sprucing up a business building: Imperial Systems.
• Best Marketing Effort of the Year: Blackout Burger Bar.
• Emerging Leader of the Year: Rob Ridgeway of Wendell August.
• Business Leader of the Year: Gregory Liszka, owner of Iron Point Financial.
• Business of the Year: Cunningham Funeral Home.
The chamber started the event as a way to recognize and thank those in the business community who are making a difference.
Nominations are sought and a committee of past winners chooses the recipients each year.