• Westminster College will showcase student research presentations and performances at its annual Undergraduate Research and Arts Celebration from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 24.
More than 300 students from nearly every academic discipline will participate in the campus-wide event with presentations and displays at the McKelvey Campus Center, Patterson Hall, and Mueller Theater.
All events are free and open to the public.
For a complete schedule, visit www.westminster.edu/urac. For more information, contact Dr. Pamela Richardson, co-director of the Drinko Center for Undergraduate Research and associate professor of mathematics, at 724-946-7286 or email@example.com
• The spring bazaar and rummage sale at Coolspring Presbyterian Church, 787 Coolspring Church Road, Coolspring Township, will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 27. Items are half-price during the last hour. All proceeds benefit missions.
• The Slippery Rock Rotary Club sponsors the fifth annual Slippery Rock In Bloom Community “Hot Tulips In Bloom” Chili Cook-Off from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at Gateway Park in Slippery Rock. All-you-can-taste tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for kids under 15.
• Today, April 20, is the last day for Hurlbert Hardware’s 37th annual “Peep Show” at the store, 183 Main St., Greenville. There will be baby chicks, ducks, lambs, and other baby animals to “peep” at just in time for Easter. Kids will have a chance to touch some of the animals. Info: Call 724-588-4960.
• Grace United Methodist Church, 210 S. Broad St., Grove City, hosts an indoor Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. today, April 20, for kids through 12 years old. Info: Call 724-458-8660.
• The annual Grove City Community Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Farmers National Bank will be held at 1 p.m. today, April 20, at Grove City Memorial Park, rain or shine. Kids 10 and are invited to this free event to gather thousands of candy-filled eggs. Some eggs contain special prizes in each age group. The Easter Bunny will be visiting for free photos.
• Mercer Area Library hosts these programs and events:
» The Mercer Area Library Quilt Club, assisted by The Gallery, meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 23. The club is free and open to the public; all experience levels are welcome.
» Join the Penn State Extension Master Gardeners for a presentation on springs flowers and plants at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 24. The group will have some hands-on perennials to divide and share. Registration is required.
» A computer class about Microsoft Excel will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, April 26. Registration is required.
Mercer Area Library is at 110 E. Venango St., Mercer. It is open 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call 724-662-4233, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit mercerarealibrary.org
• Penn State Master Gardeners of Mercer County present their annual Spring Into Gardening Seminar from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at the Extension Office, 463 N. Perry Highway, Coolspring Township. Cost is $25 a person. Refreshments will be served.
Participants will learn about landscaping, wetlands, garlic, farming, and more. Register by Wednesday, April 24, by visiting extension.psu.edu/spring-into-gardening or calling 1-877-345-0691 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
For more information, call the Extension Office at 724-662-3141.