THINGS TO DO
• The Classic Croozers Grove City Auto Club hosts Rumble in the Streets on June 5, rain or shine. The event starts and ends at Hovis Auto and Truck Supply Distribution Center, 1000 Champion Drive, Springfield Township.
Meet at 4 p.m., and be prepared to head out at 5 p.m. The route goes through Grove City, Harrisville and Slippery Rock. A car show, food trucks and music follow at Hovis from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Donations will be collected for the Grove City Area Meals on Wheels. COVID-19 safety protocols will be observed. Info: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the group’s Facebook page.
• Market at the Park is looking for vendors for the upcoming season, which runs 3 to 6 p.m. Thursdays June 17 through Oct. 28 at Grove City Memorial Park.
• The Slippery Rock Farmers Market is held from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays June 6 through October at Gateway Park in downtown Slippery Rock. Info: Visit “Slippery Rock Farmers Market” on Facebook or www.srfarmers.market or call 724-374-3276.
• The Food for Families Craft and Vendor show to benefit the Grove City Community Food Pantry will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 29 at the Pine Township Social Hall, 1252 S. Center St. Ext.
There will also be a light lunch, refreshments and auction; drawing will be held around 2:30 p.m., and the winner does not have to be present. Bring a canned good to receive one free auction ticket; limit one free ticket per person.
• Mercer Rotary Club, in conjunction with Mercer Memorial Day 500, will host a 5K Run/Walk at 9 a.m. on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, near Mercer Courthouse Square in front of the Mercer Post Office.
This event will honor the late Jason Michaels, who was the race director of this event formerly called “Pizza Joes Freedom Fun Run.” Entry fee is $30, which benefits the Rotary Club and its projects Register at the race, or in advance online at runsignup.com/Race/PA/Mercer/JasonMichaelsMemorial5k
• Friends of the Grove City Community Library host Putt-Putt Palooza to benefit the library from 3 to 6 p.m. June 5 at Willow Hills Golf Course, 109 George Junior Road, Pine Township.
Enjoy mini golf, raffle prizes, giveaways, music, food and members of the Star Wars 501st Starkiller Garrison. Donation is $40 per team, up to four members. Teams will be assigned a shotgun start at 3, 4 or 5 p.m.
Registration info: Visit “Putt-Putt Palooza Fundraiser for Grove City Community Library” on Facebook, or email email@example.com
• Moraine State Park, Portersville, hoss “Explore Offshore” from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. May 28; meet at the McDanel’s Launch Area on the North Shore for this kayaking adventure on Lake Arthur. Learn basic kayak tips and explore local wildlife.
This is for ages 12 and up; those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Kayak and gear are provided, or bring your own. Life jackets are required, and social distancing guidelines will be followed. Please wear a face mask or covering. Register by calling 724-368-8811.
• Grove City Strawberry Days will be held June 11 to 13 at Grove City Memorial Park. Enjoy food, vendors, live music and more. Info: Visit “Grove City Strawberry Days” on Facebook.
• The Grove City Community Library announces the following:
» Children through 12th grade can sign up for the summer reading program starting on June 1. This year’s theme is “Tails and Tales.” Sign up in person by entering the side emergency exit door into the program room, or visit www.grovecitypalibrary.org/children&youth to register and print your own reading log booklet.
Turn in your logs by Aug. 20 to get a gift bag, which can be picked up the week of Aug. 23.
The summer reading kickoff movie is 10 a.m. June 9 at the Guthrie Theatre in Grove City. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for “Dolittle.” The event is free; concessions will be available for purchase. Face masks are encouraged.