THINGS TO DO
• Allegheny Riverstone Center for the Arts presents “A Journey into Melody” with Brent Valliant on the McKissick Mighty Wurlitzer at 2 p.m. May 23 at Lincoln Hall, Foxburg. Tickets are $25 for adults; $20 for ARCA members; and $5 for students.
Info: Visit alleghenyriverstone.org or call 724-659-3153.
• The Mercer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association and the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce host a golf scramble starting at 9 a.m. May 22 at Spring Valley Golf and Lodge, 496 Bestwick Road, East Lackawannock Township, rain or shine.
Entry fee includes 18 holes with cart, mulligans/skins, beverages, 50/50 cash raffle, hot dogs, auctions, steak dinner, prizes and more. Info: Contact Becky Bruno, chamber president, at email@example.com or 724-301-1873
• The Grove City Rotary Club will be selling strawberry shortcake with ice cream 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 22 at Mercer County State Bank, 712 W. Main St., Grove City. The food will be distributed via drive-thru setup, and proceeds benefit local Rotary programs. Cost is $5; cash only.
• The Grove City Community Library announces the following:
» The library has reopened for in-patron browsing. Face coverings and social distancing are required. All returned items must be left in the book drop. Curbside pickup is still available; call the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org
» The American Girl Doll Tea set for May 22 has been postponed. An update will be posted on the library’s Facebook page.
» Tickets can be purchased through July 30 for the American Girl Doll Raffle. This year’s prize package includes Kira, the 2021 Girl of the Year; a stuffed koala and kangaroo with rescue pouches; both Kira books; and a crystal koala pendant. Tickets are $1 each, or six for $5.
Buy tickets at the library during regular hours, or through curbside pickup. The winning ticket will be announced July 30.
Grove City Community Library is at 125 W. Main St., Grove City. The staff can be reached 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. It will be closed on May 31 for Memorial Day.
• Mercer Area Library, 110 E. Venango St., Mercer, offers these programs and services:
» The library’s used book sale will be held 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 20 and 21, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 22 at the Brandy Springs Park Community Building on William T. Wardle Drive, Mercer. There will be more than 10,000 books, audiobooks, DVDs and more.
» The library is preparing for its summer reading program for all ages. It kicks off the week of June 15, and there will be a petting zoo from 2 to 3 p.m. June 17, rain or shine.
» The library is looking for volunteers to help maintain the gardens at the library.
The library is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania is holding a registration event from 3 to 5 p.m. May 23 at Munnell Run Farm, Coolspring Township. Girls entering kindergarten through 12th grade this fall are invited to check it out.
The outdoor event includes farm-themed activities for girls and their families. New members who join before July 31 will receive a discounted membership.
The organization is also looking for volunteers 18 and older.
Info: Contact Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania at 800-248-3355 or email@example.com
STAGE AND THEATER
• The Guthrie Players presents “Steel Magnolias” at 7 p.m. May 21 to 23, and 2 p.m. May 22 and 23 at the Guthrie Theatre, 232 S. Broad St., Grove City. Join the ladies of Chinquapin, La., for a live performance of the funny and heartwarming production.
Tickets are $10 for adults, and $8 for children.
Info and tickets: Visit theguthrie.org