THINGS TO DO
• The Lakeview Music Club hosts a community concert featuring Chuck Thorpe and Ron Knapp, and the LHS Jazz Band at 6 p.m. today, March 30, at the Lakeview High School auditorium. Admission is free, though donations will be accepted to benefit the Lakeview Music Department and senior awards.
• The Harmony Museum is hosting a display of pre-Civil War coverlets and quilts from 1 to 4 p.m. April 1 through 13 in Stewart Hall adjacent to the museum, 218 Mercer St., Harmony. It includes items from private collections and several museums.
At 10 a.m. April 6, coverlet expert Melinda Zongor from the Melinda Zongor from the National Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford will give a presentation about the history of coverlet weaving. At 11 a.m., guests who bring coverlets can have them evaluated by Zongor.
At 10 a.m. April 13, Lauren Churilla, curator of the McCarl Collection at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, will speak about the weavers of western Pennsylvania. Again, attendees can have their personal coverlets evaluated.
Admission to the special Saturday programs is $5. Admission to the exhibition on other days is included in the price of a Harmony Museum tour — $7 for adults; $6 for seniors; and $3 for youths. Museum members and children age 5 and under are admitted free.
A wine and cheese reception and exhibition preview is available to Harmony Museum members and guests from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 31.
• The P.E.O. Annual Indoor Yard Sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at Center Presbyterian Church, 333 Center Church Road, Grove City. There will be a large variety of items plus breakfast, lunch and dessert. Proceeds benefit scholarship. Info: Visit www.peointernational.org
• The Sharpsville Middle School Spring Craft Show is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at the middle school, 301 Blue Devil Way, Sharpsville. Admission is $2 for adults, and free for kids under 12. There will be more than 100 vendors, kids’ crafts, Chinese auction, bake sale, refreshments, and more. Proceeds benefit the school for expenses like class trips, author visits, field day, and more.
• Grace United Methodist Church in Grove City hosts its annual rummage and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 6. Lunch will be sold. Fill a bag for $2 starting at 1 p.m. Info: Call the church office at 724-458-8660.
• The fourth annual Fantastic Sandy Lake Comic Council, benefiting the Lakeview Area Public Library, will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at Lakeview High School, Stoneboro. The event includes the Ghost Base-Rebel Legion and 501st Legion, raffles, vendors, and refreshments plus free comic book trivia and cosplay contests, prizes, game demos, arts and crafts, and games.
Admission is $5 for adults; $3 for students; and free for ages 5 and under. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/SandyLakeCon
• The “Wurst Bingo Night Ever” fundraiser dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at Center Presbyterian Church, 333 Center Church Road, Grove City. Cost is $10 a person, or $20 per family, which includes dinner and bingo card and supplies. Sign-up sheets will be placed in the narthex for attendance and donations for supplies and prizes.
• The Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War, Isaac Eaton Camp 504, meets at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, March 31, in the social hall of the Helen Black Miller Memorial Chapel next to the Mercer County Historical Society in Mercer. Info: Call 724-662-3490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mchspa.org