THINGS TO DO
• The 61st Fredonia Lions Pancake and Buckwheat and Sausage Supper is 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Stony Point Grange, 69 Kremis Road, Greenville. Advance tickets are $7.50, or $8 at the door. Kids under 12 are $4. Proceeds benefit community projects and scholarships.
For more information or tickets, call Gary at 724-475-2881 or Tom at 724-589-0245.
• Greenville Symphony Orchestra will host a bus tour of area breweries on Saturday. The “Blarney Brew Bus” will leave Anderson Coach and Travel in Greenville at 10:45 a.m. and travel to Voodoo Brewery in Grove City, North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock, Missing Links Brewery in Renfrew, Hop Asylum Brewery and Fractured Grape Winery in New Wilmington, and Mortals Key Brewing Co. in Jamestown.
The bus will return to Anderson’s around 9 p.m. The cost of $55 per person includes transportation along with specials and discounts at each location. Food and pours are an individual expense. Proceeds benefit GSO.
• Grace Harvest (Church of God of Prophecy), 2396 Leesburg Grove City Road, Springfield Township, hosts a stuffed pork chop dinner from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. Adults are $10, and kids ages 5 to 12 are $5. Meal includes stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes, vegetable, cole slaw, drink and dessert.
For take-out or delivery orders, call 724-734-1171.
• The Eintracht Maennerchor is hosting its fourth annual Beer and Wine Tasting from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Eintracht Singing Society, 108 Taylor St., New Castle.
The event benefits the Eintracht Männerchor, a men’s a cappella choir, which is entering its 125th year of performing and promoting German and Saxon heritage. There will be entertainment by Rock Jazz and Friends.
Tickets are $25 each and include hors d’oeuvres. Tickets may be purchased by contacting Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-519-0519.
• Grove City Community Library offers events, programs and services. Registration is required for all programs and events. The upcoming calendar includes:
» A free Family Movie Night is 5:30 p.m. Friday. Enjoy “The House with a Clock in Its Walls.” Bring your own drink and wear your pajamas.
» The Monday Night Book Club for ages 18 and up meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday. This month’s book is “In the Time of the Butterflies” by Julia Alvarez. Copies are available at the front desk.
» The Junior Writer’s Club, an informal group for kids in grades four through six, meets 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday. All materials are provided.
» The Teen Creative Writing Club, an informal group for kids in grades seven through nine, meets from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 13. All materials are provided.
» Vader’s Little Princess Party for kids in kindergarten through third grade is 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 23. Come and have tea with Darth Vader and a few of his friends. Dress as your favorite “Star Wars” character, and enjoy activities and prizes.
» The library hosts an Old Hollywood Adult Prom for ages 21 and up from 6 to 9 p.m. March 30. Admission is free. Come dressed in costume from any old Hollywood era. Prizes will be awarded. There will be a DJ. BYOB, and bring a snack to share.
» The Pokémon Club meets at 10 a.m. on Saturdays for first grade and up. Bring your cards and a friend.
» The Chess Club meets at 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays for kids in first grade and up. Bring your own chess board or borrow one from the library.
Grove City Community Library is at 125 W. Main St. It is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Mercer Area Library hosts these programs and events:
» Join the Mercer County Conservation District at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to learn about the Corvidae of Pennsylvania – a family of birds that includes jays, crows, and ravens. Call the library to register.
» The Friends of the Library meets at 6:30 p.m. March 13. Everyone is welcome to attend.
» The Friends of the Library is looking for artists for the Second Annual Art Show, which will be held on Friday, March 22, and Saturday, March 23. Contact the library to sign up.
» Free professional math tutoring for junior and senior high school students will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Register by the Thursday before each session. Students must have their own library card. If a students registers and does not show up, their account will be charged $5 to offset the cost of tutoring.
» Come to the library during regular hours to work on your homework. Sign in at the circulation desk to enjoy a free snack, and enter to win a Sheetz gift card.
» Preschool Storytime is held at 10 a.m. Thursdays. There are theme-based stories and crafts followed by an hour of free play with fun and educational toys.
Mercer Area Library is at 110 E. Venango St., Mercer. It is open 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Join the Mercer County Conservation District from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at at Munnell Run Farm, Coolspring Township, to learn about basic tree identification of the 15 most common Pennsylvania trees. Dress for the weather. There is no fee, but you must register by today by calling 724-662-2242.
• Award-winning and internationally acclaimed poet Ilya Kaminsky will read from his works at 7 p.m. today in the Maple-Witherspoon Room of Westminster’s McKelvey Campus Center.
Born in 1977 in Odessa, in the former Soviet Union, Kaminsky, who lost most of his hearing at age 4, and his family were granted political asylum to the United States in 1993. Kaminsky began to write poems in English following his father’s death in 1994.
The reading is free and open to the public.
For information, contact Dr. David Swerdlow, professor of English, at 724-946-7345 or email@example.com