THINGS TO DO
• Harrisville American Legion Auxiliary Post 852 is teaming up with the Sons of the American Legion to host bingo at the American Legion on the third Monday of each month. Doors open at 6 p.m., early bird special is 6:30 p.m., and regular bingo is 7 p.m. It is open to the public. This is a non-smoking venue.
• The public is welcome to play bingo every Thursday at John R. Huff American Legion Post 220, 1946 Mercer Grove City Road, Pine Township. Doors open at 5 p.m.; early birds play at 6:30 p.m.; and regular play is 7 p.m. The building is handicap accessible and non-smoking. The kitchen will be open.
• The Allegheny RiverStone Center for the Arts hosts Judi Figel with cabaret and dancing at 7:30 p.m. today at Lincoln Hall, 42 S. Palmer St., Foxburg. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for ARCA members, and $5 for students.
Info and tickets: Visit www.alleghenyriverstone.org or call 724-659-3153.
• The Slippery Rock Community Bike Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at the North Country Brewing Co.’s canning facility at 111 Arrowhead Drive, Slippery Rock Township. There will be food, drinks, basic bike repair help, a bike wash station, adapted bikes, a Growing Together Aquaponics tour, and more.
• Mercer Area Library hosts these programs and events:
» The Friends of the Library is holding a basket raffle fundraiser. Tickets are on sale now, and the winners will be chosen on Aug. 9.
» Join the Friends of the Library at 5 p.m. Monday and July 15 to help tidy up the landscaping around the library.
» The Erie Zoo will be visiting the library with some animals at 11 a.m. Wednesday to help kick off the summer reading program. Bring your completed reading logs for a zoo-themed prize.
Mercer Area Library is at 110 E. Venango St., Mercer. It is open 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Maurice K. Goddard State Park, 684 Lake Wilhelm Road, Sandy Lake, hosts a full moon walk at 7:30 p.m. July 17 weather permitting. Meet at the marina parking lot by the pavilion. Bring a flashlight and a drink. Register by calling 724-253-4833.
• The 99th annual Isaac Anderson and Lydia Warner Reunion will be held on June 22 in the Highland Shelter at Grove City Memorial Park. Coffee will be served at 11 a.m. followed by the meal at noon, reunion, games, and more.
Bring your own table settings along with casseroles and desserts. Coffee and cold drinks will be provided. After the meal, family photo and meeting, there will be games and time to visit. Bring new dates, information, family pictures, and a white elephant prized wrapped for bingo.
The 100th reunion in 2020 will also be discussed.
Info: Contact Ella and Mark O’Conner at 330-534-3896 or email@example.com
• Maurice K. Goddard State Park on Lake Wilhelm Road in Sandy Lake hosts the 17th annual Pioneer Frolic 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 22 and June 23. The event will be held at the marina; admission and parking are free.
The community celebration and pioneer workday will focus on the pioneers who settled this watershed in the late 1700s through 1840s and helped clear the land and build their homes here.
There will be demonstrations of blacksmithing, gold panning, tanning, spinning, dutch oven cooking, and storytelling. Both days include free horse and wagon rides, books, music, artisans, craft vendors, and food.
A pioneer church service will be held at 11 a.m. June 23 by Fairfield Presbyterian Church. A benefit auction will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. June 23.
Donations of books and auction items and volunteers are needed.