THINGS TO DO
• Mercer Community Band performs ”The Best of the Big Bands” on Friday on Mercer’s Courthouse Square as part of its 45th anniversary season.
Dr. Hendley D. Hoge serves as director; Douglas A. Butchy as associate director; and D. Lee Caldwell as assistant director.
Makin’ Changes will provide warm-up music at 6 p.m. followed by the main concert at 7:30 p.m. The Children’s Aid Society of Mercer County will host an ice cream social.
Bring a chair or blanket. In there is severe weather, the concert will be held in the Mercer High School auditorium, 545 W. Butler St. Concerts are held Friday nights through Aug. 12. Info: Call 724-699-9124.
• The Allegheny RiverStone Center for the Arts hosts Dennis James on the McKissick Mighty Wurlitzer and Steinway piano at 2 p.m. July 31 at Lincoln Hall in Foxburg.
Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for ARCA members and $5 for students. Info and tickets: Visit www.alleghenyriverstone.org or call 724-659-3153.
• Vincent United Methodist Church, 28 Walnut St., Jackson Center, hosts movie night at 8 p.m. Friday with ”A Dog’s Way Home.” Admission is free, and hot dogs will be served starting at 7:30 p.m.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Info: Email JCVincent.Church@gmail.com
• Pymatuning Lake Association hosts the annual free Kids’ Fishing Derby 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 6 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Espyville Boat Launch. It is open to ages two to 15. For details and registration, visit tinyurl.com/KidsFish22
• Harthegig Conservation Club hosts its annual Family Fun Day from noon to 4 p.m. Aug. 7 at 600 Rodgers Hill Road, Fredonia. There will be turkey calling, archery, pistol shooting, trapping, auction and gun raffle.
Women and children under 16 shoot free. All ammunition will be provided. Food and drink will be available. Info: Call Dick at 724-588-3613 or Todd at 724-588-0108.
• The Moraine State Park Regatta will be held Aug. 5 to 7 at the Pleasant Valley Area on the South Shore at the Portersville park. There will be music, fireworks, kayaking and sailing demonstrations and more. Info: Visit morainestateparkregatta.org/schedule
• Skydive Fest will be held Aug. 5 to 7 at SkyDive Pennsylvania at 496 Old Ash Road in Springfield Township. There will be educational presentations, food, music, helicopter rides, large formation skydives and a record attempt.
Admission is free. Bring a lawn chair.
• The Mercer Art Commission along with Ben Bissett Chevrolet and Chevy All Stars present Brews, Bands and Bikes from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 6 on Mercer Courthouse Square. Rain date is Aug. 13.
There will be a pre-1983 vintage bike show, a show for any kind of motorcycle, Miss Mercer Pin-up, food, music and more. Admission is free.
• U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly is hosting a live telephone town hall at 6 p.m. today, July 27, to share the latest information about veterans’ benefits and issues. Veterans and their families are encouraged to participate.
Officials from the National Personnel Records Center, the Department of Veterans Affairs and other agencies are scheduled to join. Call 855-531-1063 to participate.