These area residents have been recognized for their academic achievements:
• Two Grove City residents graduated May 11 from Saint Vincent College, Latrobe: John Paul J. Depew graduate summa cum laude, receiving a bachelor of science degree in computing and information science, and an award for academic excellence in computer science; and Samuel J. Whittaker graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry.
• These students have been named to the spring dean’s list at the University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio: Aleksandr Duran and Matthew Owrey, both of Grove City; and Marcus Ryder and Melissa Shoemaker, both of Mercer.
• Benjamin Shaffer of Mercer graduated on May 11 from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Mass., with a bachelor of science degree in robotics engineering with distinction.
• Hanna Srour of Grove City was named to the spring dean’s list at the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
• Melissa Shoemaker of Mercer graduated May 18 from the University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio, with a bachelor of arts degree in marketing and sports business.
• Katelyn Harris of Grove City was named to the spring dean’s list at the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio.