Grove City Police
• Hovis Auto Supply, 445 N. Broad St., was cited with false alarms after police were dispatched to the business at 3:48 a.m. Feb. 19 – the fifth false alarm activation over the past 12 months, police said.
• Someone smashed the back window of a 2013 Ford truck while it was parked at General Electric, Industrial Drive, between 12:30 and 4 p.m. Feb. 5, police said.
• Robert Doctor, 54, of 1037 Barkeyville Road, Lot 27, Pine Township, was charged with having an accident involving damage to an attended vehicle, driving with a suspended license, and a stop sign violation after a hit-and-run crash at 11:19 a.m. Feb. 4 on Mill Street at Jackson Street, police said.
• Brian Benyo, 21, of Berlin Center, Ohio, was cited with public drunkenness after an incident at 12:30 a.m. Feb. 15 at the Marathon gas station, 201 W. Main St., police said.
• Roberta Ann Marie Zeman, 26, of Sharon, was charged with two counts of theft by unlawful taking and five counts of possession of drug paraphernalia for reportedly stealing a vehicle and other items from 301 S. Broad St. on Feb. 17, police said.
State police, Mercer
• Christopher L. Peche, 41, of Curtiss, Wis., was hurt after his southbound tractor-trailer rolled over at 8:43 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 79 near Millbrook Road, Jackson Township, police said.
The truck hit a guide rail, then rolled over in the center median. Part of the truck was blocking the left lane on the northbound side of the interstate.
Peche reported head and back injuries, and he was treated at Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township, police said.
• Police are looking for Adam Alexander McCoy, 35, who left Mercer County Jail on Feb. 5 for work release and did not return. Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 724-662-6135.
• Police are investigating a report that a 14-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl, both of Coolspring Township, had drugs and drug paraphernalia on Feb. 10 at their Junction Road home. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-662-6162.
• Police are investigating a drug possession incident that reportedly happened at 2:03 p.m. Feb. 11 at Lakeview Middle School, 2842 Mercer Road, Stoneboro.
A 14-year-old Sandy Lake boy allegedly sold marijuana to two 12-year-old Clarks Mills boys. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-662-6162.
• A 45-year-old Greenville woman reported an alleged scam at 10 a.m. Feb. 14. Someone told her to buy $1,500 in Apple gift cards and send pictures of them to an account on indeed.com
The woman believed it was for employment reasons, police said.
• A 13-year-old girl reported that she was sexually assaulted in 2018 at a home on Old Mercer Road, Springfield Township, police said.
State police, New Castle
• Eleven people who live in the area of Old Route 422 and Patrick Drive in Slippery Rock Township reported that various items were stolen from their unlocked vehicles on Feb. 18 or 19, police said.
Stolen items include several handguns, a metal detector, a chainsaw, a gold wedding band with a purple diamond, wallets, cash and more.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-598-2211. Police remind residents to lock their vehicles and homes, and to be on the lookout for late-night and early morning activity.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
Grove City Police
• David Wardle, 64, of Grove City; at 8:30 p.m. Feb. 5 on North Broad Street at Chestnut Street; he was also cited with driving with a suspended license, police said.
• Tyler James Coast, 33, of Harrisville; at 1:25 a.m. Feb. 14 on South Broad Street, where police found him passed out in the driver’s seat of his pickup with the engine running, police said.
• Charles Moore, 60, of Grove City; at 5:55 p.m. Feb. 13 on West Main Street, police said.
• Fred Craig, 59, of Grove City; at 6:55 p.m. Feb. 17 after a traffic stop at an unspecified location, police said.