THINGS TO DO
• Farrell High School class of 1966 has canceled its luncheon for Wednesday. The class will meet next month, weather-permitting.
• Sharpsville Historical Society will sponsor a bus trip to Pittsburgh’s Rivers Casino on Tuesday, Feb. 19. Bus departs the Sharon City Centre parking lot at 9 a.m. and leaves casino to return home at 5:30 p.m.
Cost is $35 and includes $30 in free play.
• Penn High School class of 1957 meets for its monthly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 6 at Carini’s Restaurant, Jamestown.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 2 at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
Spouses and friends are welcome.
Info: Beverly Chlpka, 724-962-4806.
• Join the Mercer County Conservation District “Get Outside, Come Alive” series at 9 a.m. Feb. 9 at Munnell Run Farm Pig Barn, 753 Greenville Road, Mercer, as they welcome special guest Specialty Outdoors of Butler County for a program on “winged architects”. The interactive program will cover bird nests, houses and behavior using a variety of guided discovery techniques, interactive games and displays which will unlock many of the mysteries about birds. Bird houses will be given away at the end of the program.
This program is free but requires registration by Feb. 6. Call 724- 662-2242 to pre-register and for questions.
• The Mercer County Conservation District invites Roger Coup, the Pennsylvania Game Commission Northwest Region’s Wildlife Management Supervisor/ Regional Biologist, for a program highlighting the second largest weasel in the state, the fisher. Also referred to as a tree otter, this weasel, actually has not association with water but prefers forested habitats. Come learn about the biology, past history, and current status of this unique creature. This free program will be held at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Mercer Area Library.
Information and to pre-register call the Mercer Area Library at 724-662- 4233.
• The class of 1965 will host the annual St. Michael School Alumni reunion July 27. The reunion is open to all graduates and to anyone who ever attended for any grade. The honored classes will be 1964, 1959, 1954, 1949, 1944 and 1939 as the 120th anniversary of St. Michael School is celebrated.
Alumni are asked to contact family members and classmate to encourage them to attend to make this reunion a huge success. Reserve a table for your siblings, children, grandchildren and cousins, etc.
If you need help contacting friends and relatives or need more information about the reunion, contact Linda Loreno Bradigan at 404-272-6538 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tess Daniello Redfoot at 724-588-8304 or email@example.com.
Reservation forms and more information will be mailed in June.