AlliedNews.com - Grove City, Pennsylvania

April 28, 2010

Frances E. Horne Tait

Centenarian, Bethany member was homemaker


Allied News

FARELL — Obituary was published April 24, 2010.

Frances E. Horne Tait of Heinz Avenue, Sharon, formerly of Findley and Jefferson townships, passed away at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 20, 2010, in UPMC Horizon, Farrell. She was 102.

Mrs. Tait was born April 5, 1908, in Jefferson Township to Charles F. and Eva Anderson Horne.

Frances was a graduate of Mercer High School and the former Sharon School of Business.

She was employed by the former Mercer County Home, then was a homemaker and later worked for the former Neshannock Mutual Insurance Co., Mercer.

Mrs. Tait was a 70-year member of Bethany Presbyterian Church in Mercer, and was active in the Homemakers Club in Findley Township. She also belonged to Pleasant Valley Grange and was a former 4-H leader.

Her husband, David Fergus Tait, whom she married Sept. 17, 1940, passed away March 4, 1975.

Surviving are: two daughters, Marilyn, wife of Karl Johnson, Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Rebecca, wife of William Valenta, Glen Burnie, Md.; a brother, Wilbur A. Horne, DeLand, Fla.; five grandchildren, Erik Johnson and Kristan Breu, Mesa, Ariz.; Lynn Seppala, Tucson, Ariz.; Suzanne Marmon, Glen Burnie; and Timothy Valenta, Bel Air, Md.; and five great-grandchildren, Parker and Spencer Breu; and Taylor, Tate and Zachary Seppala.

She also leaves five nieces, Mary Wilson, Virginia Mosley and Elinore Sternthal, all Sharon; Norma Matzel, Hermitage; and Linda Gonzalez, Chugiak, Alaska; and a nephew, Alan Horne, DeLand.

Besides her husband, Frances was preceded in death by her parents; three sisters, Marian E., Gertrude E. and Dorothy E. Horne; and a brother, Wallace Horne.

No calling hours were held.

A memorial service will be held at a later date in Bethany Presbyterian Church, Mercer, with the Rev. James P. Leuenberger, pastor, officiating.

Interment in New Findley (Township) Cemetery.

Arrangements by Cunningham Funeral Home Inc., 144 S. Pitt St., Mercer.