GROVE CITY —
6. I submitted something for publication on XXX date. Why hasn't my announcement or press release been published yet? Any announcement that is submitted for free is subject to publication as space permits. If you submitted your announcement too far in advance, other announcements may be more timely and need to be published first; if you submitted your announcement too close to an event, we may not have been able to publish it in time. Some items -- such as the Business, Agriculture and Education pages -- are published only periodically, and we may not yet have enough information to publish such a page. Please keep checking. We may also have not received your announcement; please e-mail or call if you think that may be the case, and we will check.
7. Can I send a letter to the editor by e-mail? No. We do not accept letters to the editor by e-mail or in any other digital format, but as hard copy only, with the author's full name, address and phone number clearly printed for verification. See question 8 for specific guidelines for how to submit a letter to the editor.
8. What are your requirements for letters to the editor? Our policy for opinion pieces follows:
- Letters: Allied News encourages readers to address timely, local topics in letters to the editor. Letters that include personal attacks will not be published, nor will letters that are libelous. Due to space considerations, letters may not exceed 500 words in length. Also, letters must be signed; we will not publish letters without the authors' names. Include your street address and telephone number. These will not be published, nor will they be provided to anyone else. We only ask for them in case we need to contact you to confirm your identity or to clarify points made in your letter.
- Election letters: Pick up a copy of Allied News prior to the primary or general election for specific deadlines for these letters, and any guidelines. Letters will be run on a first-come, first-served basis as space permits.
- Thank-you letters: Readers are welcome to submit community thank-you letters to the editor for publication on Saturday's editorial page. Thank-yous must be from or about a nonprofit organization, charity or fundraiser. Personal thank-yous--such as for birthday or other greetings, etc.--and those from commercial businesses will not be published. Thank-yous must not exceed 350 words in length (or they will be cut), and, like other letters, must be signed by the author and include a street address and daytime phone number for verification.
- Allied Forum articles: Forum articles give readers a chance to respond to Allied News' editorial opinions, and are also open to experts in specific fields. They are generally longer than letters to the editor, and can address any relevant topic. If you would like to respond at length to one of our editorials, or would like to address a topic in which you have particular knowledge, you can submit items to Allied News. If you are speaking as an expert, please state your qualifications.
- For all opinion pieces: Allied News will not publish personal attacks or libelous statements, and asks that writers provide an address and telephone number so they can be contacted. Addresses and telephone numbers will not be published. The same writer may only submit one piece for publication every three weeks. Allied News reserves the right not to publish pieces that are untimely or that are repetitive. Address opinion pieces to Editor, Allied News, P.O. Box 190, Grove City, PA 16127 or fax to 724-458-1609. Again, opinion pieces of any kind are not accepted by e-mail.